A few words about us
Let us introduce ourselves
Welcome to the Ferryman Delicatessen in Laugharne. Visit in the morning and you will be welcomed by the aroma of our delicious fair trade coffee from our in house barista.
Come by at lunch for a platter of cheeses from Wales, meats and tapas from Spain, or local pies and tarts. Pop by in the afternoon for a home baked cake and a pot of tea.
Sample some Welsh craft beers or international wines and take some artisan meats home to cook for dinner. We strive to showcase the finest and freshest ingredients from premium producers from Wales and further afield.
We are licensed and also cater to connoisseurs of coffee with our blend of fair trade coffee beans, sourced from Brazil and Indonesia. Situated on the historical Laugharne high street close to the castle and Dylan Thomas’ boathouse, the Ferryman delicatessen is the perfect place to experience the Welsh charm of Laugharne.
Served Until 9am – 11am
- The Ferryman£7.95
Chorizo, Homemade Beans, Bacon, Fried Egg, Guacamole and Toast
- The Welsh£7.95
Cockles, Bacon, Laverbread Cake, Fried Egg and Toast
- The American£5.95American Style Pancakes with Bacon and Maple Syrup or Blueberries and Yoghurt
Served From 12pm – 3pm
- Soup of the Day£4.95Home made soup, served with warm artisan bread and Welsh butter
- Steak Baguette£9.95Sirloin steak cooked in Welsh garlic butter with white and red caramelised onions, served in a toasted Barra Gallega and a side of Spanish crisps
- Open Sandwich£9.95Toasted sourdough stacked with mayonnaise, sliced tomato, smashed avocado, oven roasted chicken, mixed leaves, Albert Rees’ crispy bacon and topped with a free range poached egg
- Prawn Open Sandwich£9.95Jumbo king prawns with home made marie-rose sauce on top of Albert Rees’ crispy bacon and smashed avocado, served on toasted sourdough bread with mango salsa
- Home made Welsh Rarebit£7.95A traditional Welsh dish made with Welsh ale, a mixture of Welsh cheeses and whole grain mustard, finished under the grill with Worcestershire sauce
- House Curry Platter£9.95Home made curry served with whole grain rice, cucumber raita, mango salsa and popadoms
- Beef Chilli£8.95A spicy classic served with whole grain rice, guacamole and sour cream
- Chorizo Stew£7.95Spicy Spanish sausage slow cooked in a tomato and red wine sauce with mixed beans, served with artisan bread
- Tartlet and Salad£5.95Tom’s tartlet served with house salad and coleslaw
- Pie and Salad£6.95Tom’s pie served with house salad and coleslaw
- Meat or Cheese Platter£7.95 / £15For One £7.95 /For Two £15
- Camembert to share£9.95Baked Camembert served with artisan crunchy bread, carrot sticks and garnish
Takeaway £3.95 or sit in £6.95 with salad
Select a table & book now
We will confirm your order via E-Mail